Trenbolone, commonly referred to as ‘Tren’ is one of the most powerful and effective anabolic steroids to ever exist. Tren is without question one of the most versatile anabolic steroids as it can be used for almost any purpose of performance enhancement. It’s commonly said that Testosterone is the most versatile anabolic steroid and that’s a hard point to argue against, but when it comes to the numerous performance based benefits Tren is undoubtedly king.
Trenbolone Acetate is the original form of Tren and to this day remains the most popular and abundantly available. The original “Tren-a” as it’s referred to was sold under the names Finaject and Finajet. Tren-a was and remains today a veterinarian grade steroid, and soon after its creation would lead way to the first and only human grade form of Tren Trenbolone Hexahydrobenzylcarbonate better known as Parabolan. Manufactured by Negma Laboratories in France Parabolan was found to be highly effective in the treatment of numerous medical conditions and remained effectively used in medicine until 1997 when Negma discontinued production.
While Parabolan is the only form of human grade Tren ever made it along with Tren-a became enormously popular among competitive bodybuilders in the 70’s and 80’s but hit a slight bump in the road in the late 1980’s. In the late 1980’s Hoechst-Roussel discontinued its Trenbolone Acetate line making Parabolan the only form available for a short period and one that was very expensive and a little harder for the athlete to get his hands on. During this phase Hoechst-Roussel would introduce Finaplix pellets. These were small implant pellets (subcutaneous implants) that contained pure Tren-a. The pellets were developed for cattle in order to increase weight shortly before slaughter.
When the pellets hit the market it wasn’t long before many athletes learned how to convert the pellets (very large pellets) into an injectable Tren form. As most steroid users do not have the ability to make their own Tren soon after most underground labs begin the process of carrying their own already converted product and once again Tren-a was heavy on the market and has been ever since. Tren-hex (Parabolan) has also remained available in underground form but never at the rate of its older cousin Tren-a. Then in the early 2000’s former underground giant British Dragon would introduce Trenbolone Enanthate, a form of Tren that only had to be injected twice a week compared to Tren-a’s necessary every other day administration. Most labs also now carry ‘Tren-e’ but Tren-a still remains the dominant form as it’s the easiest to control.
Tren Functions & Traits
Tren (all forms) is a 19-nortestosterone (19-nor) anabolic steroid. Tren belongs to the same class of steroids as Nandrolone, 19-nor, which refers to the testosterone hormone lacking the carbon atom at the 19th position. However, with Tren it’s a bit more complex as Tren is simply a modified form of the Nandrolone hormone. Tren is the Nandrolone hormone possessing a double bond at carbons 9 and 11. These double bonds slow the hormone’s metabolism, inhibit aromatization and tremendously enhance its binding affinity to the androgen receptor. These simple yet important changes make Tren one of the most powerful anabolic androgenic steroids of all time. For an appreciation of this steroid’s power we only need to look at its ratings; Tren carries an anabolic rating of 500 and androgenic rating of 500 compared to testosterone that’s 100 in both categories.
Regardless of the form of Tren used the hormone itself is the same. The only difference of true importance is how fast the hormone works, and this is determined by the ester. The ester doesn’t change the actual functions and traits of the Tren hormone. The ester also determines how much active Tren is available per milligram. The larger the ester the more space it takes up in the compound and the less active Tren there is available per milligram. However, with any form you can account for this by adjusting the dose.
The direct functions and traits of Tren are similar to many anabolic steroids. However, in the case of Tren they are simply enhanced and more effective. You can take the same function or trait in another steroid and while Tren may do the same thing it will simply do it better. The functions and traits of Tren include:
- Increased rate of protein synthesis: This refers to the rate in which cells build proteins, the building blocks of muscle tissue.
- Increased nitrogen retention: More retention increases anabolism and less leads to catabolism. This exists because all lean muscle tissue is comprised of nitrogen, approximately 16%.
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) is a hormone naturally produced by that body that is extremely anabolic and affects nearly every area of the human body. It is essential to growth and recovery and not only for our muscles but for our tendons, ligaments, cartilage and even the central nervous and pulmonary systems. When it comes to IGF-1 promotion it’s not only important there are few steroids that can match what Tren can do for IGF-1.
- Increased red blood cell count: Red blood cells carry oxygen through the blood. Increased levels result in greater muscular endurance. This will also enhance recovery.
- Inhibition of glucocorticoids: Glucocorticoids or stress hormones are essential to our health and wellbeing, but they also destroy muscle tissue and promote fat gain. Tren can ensure these hormones do not become dominant, and that we stay in a muscle building and fat reduction state.
- Increased feed efficiency: This may be the single most important and valuable trait of the Tren hormone. Sometimes referred to as “Nutrient Efficiency” this is what makes the hormone so effective. Food is the most important factor of any plan; how we eat will determine the direction we go. However, the body can only utilize each nutrient to a certain degree. With the introduction of Tren into the body each nutrient is utilized to a higher degree, it becomes more efficient. Our set food intake may not have changed, but we get more in return. Every gram of protein, fat and carbohydrates becomes more valuable.
Effects of Tren
If we were to sum up the effects of Tren with one word, the positive effects it would be “incredible!” This steroid can be used in cutting and bulking cycles with great effectiveness, but it is the cutting phase that perhaps wins out in terms of total benefits.
When we diet the goal is to lose body fat. In order to lose body fat we must burn more calories than we consume. You cannot lose body fat if you consume more than you burn. Because of the necessary calorie restriction this puts lean tissue at risk, specifically muscle tissue. In fact, it’s impossible to diet without some muscle tissue loss. This makes the goal of dieting to maintain muscle tissue, minimizing the loss while losing fat. No one wants to lose fat and muscle. Tren is the single best protective agent for this purpose. We ensure muscle mass is protected and all that is lost is body fat. And it gets even better when we consider that the use of Tren will actually improve the individual’s metabolic rate thereby increasing the rate by which fat is burned. Some data has even suggested that because Tren has such a strong binding affinity to the androgen receptor that it may even promote direct lipolysis (fat loss) but how significant is inconclusive.