To try to achieve the muscular look, some people use anabolic steroids, a synthetic version of the male hormone, testosterone. Anabolic steroids are drugs with many dangerous side effects.
Psychological Side Effects of Steroids
- edginess, impatience, paranoid feelings
- severe mood swings including depression
- obsession with body image, having to work out, and food
- angry and violent outbursts known as "roid rage"
General Physical Side Effects of Steroids
- liver damage
- kidney damage
- increased blood pressure and cholesterol (risk for heart disease)
- depressed immune system (risk for infections)
- headache and stomach ache
- severe facial and body acne
- decreased joint flexibility
Additional Physical Side Effects of Steroids
- breast enlargement
- shrunken testicles
- lowered sperm count
- increased sex drive
- decreased sexual performance - difficulty getting and maintaining erections
- growth of facial and body hair
- male pattern balding
- development of Adam's apple
- deepening of voice
- enlargement of clitoris
- abnormal or absent menstrual period
- stunted growth due to early closure of the growth centres in long bones
- severe acne
Is It Worth the Risk? Get All the Facts...
- The side effects of steroids can be dangerous and permanent.
- Your genetic makeup has a major role to play in your body shape and size. That's a fact even steroids can't change.
- Anabolic steroids for the purpose of bodybuilding can only be obtained on the black market. Much of this supply is impure or unclean. Vials and needles are often shared.
- Injection of steroids means increased risk of AIDS, and other diseases such as hepatitis.
More Information on Body Image and Steroid Use
|Working out to develop a strong, and healthy body is a
good thing... just remember there are more lasting ways to feel good about yourself and earn respect than muscles alone.
Side Effects of Steroids? स्टेरॉयड्स ...
Dr. Brett Bolton What are Some Hair Transplant Side Effects?
What are the RISKS vs BENEFITS of Starting Testosterone ...
Share this Post